It’s estimated that one in four Americans suffer from clinical depression in their lifetimes. That rate is increasing with each generation.
Depression is not a natural disease. It is not an expected part of being human. Depression has a cause, and once we identify the cause, we can then talk about the cures.
What Causes Depression
There are many causes of depression. We believe the mostly likely causes to be:
- Medical Problems
- Stressful Life Events
- Faulty Mood Regulation by the Brain
- Genetic vulnerability
For many, several of these forces act together to create depression.
Many try to attribute depression solely to a chemical imbalance. They do that so they can sell prescription medications.
Your body is not deficient in Prozac or other pharmaceuticals. You are not depressed because you are lacking prescription drugs. There is a real cause of the depression. That cause must be dealt with for depression to be cured.
Depression is not a disease one should learn to live with or manage through Big Pharma meds. Both approaches simply diminish your health and rob you of a happy, healthy life. Depression should be cured.
Natural Cures for Depression
Two people may have similar symptoms of depression, yet the causes on the inside can be totally different. Therefore, what treatments work best may vary widely by individual.
However, here are some actions we recommend to naturally cure depression, without Big Pharma meds or invasive medical procedures:
- Get a complete blood analysis administered by a holistic physician. You may have a genetic vulnerability that leads to depression. Your body may be deficient in certain minerals or nutrients. You may need nutritional supplementation to boost your body’s immune system, or to compensate for this genetic vulnerability. For many, this step cures their depressed feelings. See our list of recommended supplements that promote strong mental health and brain function at the end of this article.
- Avoid psychiatrists. Most only prescribe pharmaceutical medications to mask the symptoms of depression. Most aren’t very effective, which is why more and more people suffer from depression. Medications does the body more harm than good. If you need professional assistance, a psychologist or social worker or spiritual counselor is the person to see.
- Eat organic, Paleo foods. This diet avoids putting poisons into your system (which is why you only eat organic foods) while maximizing the nutritional values you gain from food. It’s the diet of our ancestors and are bodies were engineered to thrive on these Paleo foods. Good nutrition is one of the basic foundations to good health, including mental health.
- Get more sunshine. Sunshine is the force for all life. Sunshine provides vitamin D, which is vital to good brain function. Sunshine is great for your health.
- Volunteer. It’s hard to feel depressed when you are helping others. The joy one receives by making a meaningful contribution to a worthy cause is immeasurable! There are many non-profit organizations in your community. Find a cause that motivates you. Click here to find volunteer opportunities near you.
- Walk barefoot on the earth’s surface. This practice is called “grounding” and is wonderful for your mental health. The earth’s magnetic forces will recharge your body and your mind. Your body was engineered for direct contact with the earth’s surface. Walk barefoot on the ground at least 30 minutes a day.
- Get good sleep. Eight hours a day. Go to bed with the sundown and wake with the sunrise. That’s the way your body was engineered. Sleep helps your body regenerate and heal itself. Good sleep is essential to good mental health.
- Be active. Activity cures lots of life’s ailments. Exercise outside in nature 30 minutes a day. Lots of medical science is open to interpretation and debate. Exercise is not one of them. Everyone agrees that reasonable daily exercise is good for health, including mental health. Be active outside. Breathe the fresh air. Enjoy the sunshine.
- Minimize exposure to artificial light. It’s tough today to avoid artificial light but you should really try. Studies link artificial light to disruptions in body and brain functions, both of which can lead to depression.
There are certain supplements that may help cure depression. In addition to our Foundation 5, here are a few suggestions:
- Hydroxy Force – An excellent source of B 6, 9 and 12 to support a healthy mental outlook.
- Max Mag – A special formulation of magnesium for hundreds of uses by your body.
- Relax – A source of nutrients to support mental health and brain function.
You don’t have to live with depression. You don’t have to take prescription meds or have invasive medical procedures. Identify the cause and look for the natural cure.
See Our Collection of Premium Supplements Effective Against Depression ►