We have all had them, but headaches are ruining the lives of so many people. It does not have to be that way and your do not have to suffer.
Doctors are not quite sure the actual cause of the symptoms of headaches, but they sure aren’t short on labels to describe different types of headaches. From cluster to migraine, headaches have a cause. Let’s find the cause together.
What Causes Headaches?
Here are a few possibilities to consider when searching the cause of headaches:
- Food – Gluten, dairy, soy and other food allergens may lead to symptoms. Pesticides used to grow most foods are known to cause headaches and other health problems. Studies have shown GMOs cause headaches.
- Environment – Is there something in your environment? Electronic devices are a major culprit including cell towers, WiFi, and smart meters. Mold in your house? New items at home that are off-gassing? Toxic laundry and personal care products are notorious causes of headaches. Your mattress too. In short, most everything in most homes is toxic, and that leads to headaches.
- Sleep – Sleep deprivation leads to headaches. When you are not sleeping, you are often in artificial light, which undoubtedly creates headaches.
- Vertebral subluxation -This is a prime cause of headaches, especially of the cervical spine.
- Dehydration – Dehydration headaches can be mild or quite severe and are quite common.
Natural Remedies to Treat Headaches
- Eat Organic Paleo foods – The nutrition of our ancestors is the approach for any condition. Organic Paleo foods haven’t been sprayed with pesticides, nor are they genetically modified. These foods give you the best chance for overall good health.
- Clean your environment – Everything in your house should be natural. Use all-natural personal care and household cleaning products. Buy an organic mattress, as most traditional mattresses are loaded with toxins. Minimize use of electronics, including computers, TVs and smartphones. Here’s a list of what we use in our home.
- Sleep – You need 8-9 hours per day of quality sleep. Go to sleep at sundown and wake at sunrise.
- See your chiropractor – I don’t get headaches often, but when I do, the chiropractor is who I see. They’re expert at successfully and naturally treating vertebral subluxation.
- Drink water – Drink quality water and a lot of it. Have a goal of ½ your body weight in ounces each day.
- Take nutritional supplements – In addition to our Foundation 5, here are three supplements that we find very useful in our headache patients:
- Super B – full spectrum B complex with activated vitamins to support a healthy neurologic system.
- Max Mag – magnesium formulated to easily cross into the brain.
- Detoxicore – Packed full of ingredients to support healthy liver, kidney, and gastrointestinal detoxification. Get the bad stuff out of your body.