A recently published British study about Type 2 diabetes confirmed what The Drs. Wolfson have been saying all along…
…losing weight can put type 2 diabetes into remission long-term. The cause is the cure.
The study found that weight loss was closely linked with type 2 diabetes remission, with 86% of those losing 15 kg or more going into remission! And even those who didn’t quite lose 15 kg showed benefits, with at least one third showing improvements.
The study was published in the Lancet on December 5, 2017. Find it here.
We’ve been saying this for quite some time, and have seen it time and time again in our practice in Arizona. Maintain the right weight, eat the right foods, and make the right lifestyle choices and type 2 diabetes can become a thing of the past. It is actually very simple.
Our Action Plan to Reduce Type 2 Diabetes
Here is The Drs. Wolfson Type 2 Diabetes Remission Plan:
- Eliminate added and artificial sweeteners. Check the food label. Here’s an excellent list of all the ingredient names for sugar. If you see these, avoid the food. In fact, most processed foods contain added sweeteners, which is why we avoid processed foods.
- Eat only organic foods. These foods have been farmed without pesticides, antibiotics or other chemicals. Non-organics foods lead to sickness and disease. Always eat organic.
- Eat only responsible Paleo foods. These are the foods of our ancestors. Your body operates at peak efficiency with these foods. Plus, you’ll lose weight and maintain your ideal body weight! Learn all about our Paleo nutrition plan.
- Be active outdoors thirty minutes each day. Walk, run, bike, hike or swim. Do body weight exercises three times a week. Get up and be active.
- Get sunshine. Those with the lowest risk for diabetes are those that get the most sunshine. Don’t get a lot of sunshine in your area? Take plenty of vacations or move. Sunshine is that important to your health.
- Sleep. Your body heals when sleeping. Sundown to sunrise is prime sleeping time. Stay away from artificial light, as it destroys insulin function.
- Stay away from toxins and chemicals. They interfere with bodily functions and will raise your blood sugar. Get an air purifier. Here’s a list of things we use in our home that are free of chemicals and toxins.
- Get adjusted by a chiropractor. The function of insulin, the pancreas and all organs depend on a functional neurologic system. The Doctor of Chiropractic is the nerve system specialist. See one today!
Nutritional supplements can also improve blood sugar and reverse diabetes. They include:
- Berbe– This herb works wonders for blood sugar. It has been studied versus the most common diabetes drug and found to be equal in efficacy. I have used this successfully with my patients for years. Many other benefits as well for cholesterol and brain health. The Chinese have studied berberine for years. Trust their results.
- Heart Beet– This food supplement is ideal to provide nutrients such as nitric oxide to help normalize blood sugar.
- Super B– A healthy immune system needs B vitamins to function. Add this powerhouse to your regimen and reap the benefits.