If you are taking in more excess calories and not as active as you used to be, take comfort in the fact you are not alone. That’s right, you are not alone on the train with millions of overweight and obese people on the way to serious sickness.
As we get older, maintaining a normal weight is not easy. Our lifestyle and nutrition have to be close to perfect. Are you ready to shed some pounds, look great AND feel great?
What Causes Weight Gain
The number one reason that people gain weight is because they eat the wrong foods. We’ll talk about what to eat later in this article.
Some of the other causes of weight gain include:
- Lack of sleep – Two terrible things happen regarding lack of sleep and weight gain. First, we tend to eat when we stay up late. And by eating, I am not talking about salad. I am referring to ice cream or pretzels. Second, our sleep-deprived body releases stress hormones such as cortisol that cause you to store fat. Poor sleep can lead to obesity.
- Stress – When we are stressed, our bodies release cortisol, which causes an increase in appetite. And many of us eat more when stressed, seeking comfort in food. Insulin is a stress hormone. High insulin makes it impossible to lose fat.
- Anti-depressants – These Big Pharma medicines are known to cause weight gain. They also harm your health in a variety of other ways. Read our other posts on depression or my book chapter, “One Nation Under Prozac.”
- Lack of sunshine – Our bodies were made to thrive with the energy our cells receive from the sun. If we don’t see the sun and harness its energy, we eat more food to satisfy our energy needs. Food provides calories, the sun does not. Lack of sun leads to diminished hormone function.
- Steroids – Big Pharma meds like Prednisone and other anti-inflammatory steroids are noted for causing weight gain. They cause an increase in appetite and fluid retention.
- Antipsychotic drugs – Other drugs for migraines, diabetes and high blood pressure may also cause weight gain.
- Hypothyroidism – Without enough of the thyroid hormone, metabolism slows, which makes weight gain more likely. Get checked and consider our Thyrokick.
Natural Treatment Remedies for Weight Gain
- Get sunshine – This may seem crazy as our first recommendation, but nothing is more important than sunshine. Humans have existed in the sun since the dawn of time. Food provides calories. The sun does not. Bask in the sun, especially morning sun.
- Eat a Paleo diet – You cannot lose weight/fat by eating sugar/carbs. It is impossible. Known by many names including ancestral, primal and low carb, Paleo is based on hunter-gatherer foods. Our ancestors did not suffer from weight gain and obesity. Witness modern day Paleo peoples. They are not overweight and not underweight. Millions of Paleo peoples exist around the world and their health is extraordinary. The hunter-gatherer lifestyle works for them. Living that way in the modern world will work for you.
- Eat Organic – Organic means that 95% of the product is free from synthetic additives like pesticides, chemical fertilizers and dyes, and must not be proceeded using industrial solvents, irradiation or genetic engineering. Foods that aren’t organic pollute your body and break down its natural processes. This causes weight gain and disease. Processed foods contain ingredients that cause you to want to eat more. Stick with organic Paleo foods only.
- Try intermittent fasting – This is an eating pattern where you cycle between eating and fasting. One effective way is with 24-hour fasts, once or twice a week. Another effective method is to only eat during certain times of the day (many eat from noon to five pm.)
- Sleep – We discussed earlier in this report how lack of sleep contributes to weight gain. You should have a minimum of eight hours each day. Do what our ancestors did: sleep with the sundown, wake with the sunrise.
- Be active – Get outdoors and walk, hike, bike, run, garden, and build muscle. Not only will it help you lose weight, it will relieve stress and stress-related food binges.
- Get off the pharmaceuticals – See a holistic doctor to find a way off pharmaceuticals. They’re destroying your body.
- Take nutritional supplements – I have little doubt that a quality multivitamin will lead to weight loss. Probiotics are proven to help in this category as well. In addition to our Foundation 5, I suggest:
- Berbe – Our berberine product works for so many indications. One of those is weight gain, as it may assist with weight loss. Berberine activates so many good genes and quiets others. It also modifies the gut bacteria, allowing the good to survive and the bad to take a dive.
- Thyrokick – This multi-glandular product provides you with the nutrients you need to crank up thyroid function. Our ancestors used to eat the organs of the animal. We have lost that trend, but we can recoup much of the benefit with our Thyrokick.
- Paleo Cleanse – A good liver/gallbladder/GI detox will help to restore digestive enzyme and stomach acid. Nutrients in this product will help cleanse the GI tract and ultimately mobilize fat stores.
See Our Collection of Premium Supplements Effective Against Weight Gain ►