Most of us have experienced muscle aches at some point. This is a common complaint, but the good news is, generally an easy fix.
Fortunately, the scary health problems are not common with muscle aches. But you should know that there are some nasty diagnoses with muscle aches as symptoms, including inflammatory and immune-related muscle diseases. If your symptoms are severe or persistent, make sure you see your local physician and get checked out. As always, I recommend checking with your chiropractor first.
What Causes Muscle Aches?
In my experience, muscle aches and other complaints are related to either too much of something, or not enough of another.
Some of the more common causes of muscle aches include:
- Overuse, injury or tension of muscle during physical activity.
- Certain foods such as wheat, barley, rye and other gluten-containing grains can lead to muscle symptoms. Other food allergens and sensitivities may be involved.
- Infections like the flu and bacterial infections.
- Thyroid problems like hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism.
- Autoimmune disorders like lupus.
- Medications or drugs like statin drugs, ACE inhibitors, and cocaine.
- Lack of sunshine, which is necessary to heal the body and rejuvenate cells.
- Not getting enough physical activity has proven to be a big contributor to muscle tension.
Natural Treatment Remedies for Muscle Aches
- Rest – Rest the area of your body that has the aches and pains.
- Get proper sleep – Your body was designed for optimal health with 8-9 hours of sleep each day. When sleeping, the body heals and rejuvenates itself. Get good quality sleep.
- Proper nutrition – Eat organic, Paleo foods. Most health symptoms can be traced to poor nutrition. Get the nutrition your body needs to heal from and avoid muscle aches with Paleo nutrition. Proper nutrition also strengthens your immune system, making you less susceptible to muscle strain.
- Avoid over-the-counter medications – If you feel you have a serious issue, see your chiropractor.
- Get sunshine each day – Sunshine sustains life for most living creatures, you included. The rays of the sun bring energy to your cells, which help your muscles and all parts of your body.
- Take nutritional supplements – In addition to our Foundation 5, here are some additional supplements that may help with muscles aches:
- Cardio Q – Co Q 10 is a major factor of cellular energy. If this nutrient is low, energy production is inadequate, and leads to muscle aches.
- Magne 5 – Magnesium is involved in over 300 enzymatic reactions. So many people are deficient in magnesium, especially at the cellular level.
- Potassium Boost – Potassium and sodium are intimately involved in calcium movement in cells. When calcium movement is optimized, muscles contract and relax appropriately. Sodium intake is never the problem. Potassium intake is a problem. This supplement corrects that problem.
See Our Collection of Premium Supplements Effective Against Muscle Ache ►