If you are like The Drs. Wolfson, you grew up on cow milk. Unless mom was in the health industry, you know what we are talking about: Milk in cereal, milk in your scrambled eggs and milk in a glass.
Quite simply, cow milk is not Paleo food. Our ancestors never chased other animals to milk them and make cheese, butter, yogurt, or ice cream.
Many people suffer from health issues related to milk. Usually, gastrointestinal complaints like stomach pain or diarrhea are the most noticeable of symptoms. This is usually from lactose, the milk sugar. But asthma, allergies, ear infections and sinus issues are also related to dairy consumption.
Could cow milk lead to more sinister diagnoses? By damaging the intestinal lining, milk proteins can lead to a leaky gut. Once you have a leaky gut, cancer, heart disease, and brain problems are in your future.
If you drink dairy, make it raw. Otherwise, try nut milk.
1) Contains preservatives
2) Contains emulsifiers
3) Housed in a wax/plastic/paper container that leeches into the milk. Imagine the temperature inside the delivery truck as the nut milk shows up at your local grocer. Out here in Arizona, that thought is quite scary.
This is probably the single easiest recipe since boiling water.
1) Get out your blender (you may as well use it, given how expensive it was)
2) Add your favorite nut (almond, walnut, pecan, macadamia, etc.), seed (pumpkin, sesame, etc), or coconut flakes
3) Add quality water- about a 1:2 ratio of nut to water. For more information on our suggested water system, go here.
5) Straining is optional. Dr. Heather prefers her nut milk strained. We suggest using an organic cotton nut bag.
Store in a glass container for 4-5 days in your refrigerator. Some folks may prefer to strain it first in a milk bag. Dr. Heather likes it that way.
Use this in any recipe that calls for dairy milk.
Become a Wolf Pack Insider for free and get access to our articles and guides to live healthy naturally, without sickness, disease or Big Pharma meds. You'll learn all about disease prevention, natural treatment remedies, tasty healthy foods and how to detox your life.