High blood pressure effects millions of people. Also known as hypertension, the risks of this are heart attack, stroke, dementia and death.
The medical doctors have their treatment: pharmaceuticals. But prescription drugs are not very effective. Here is why:
- Pharma can lower blood pressure numbers, but they do very little to lower risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Pharma has some serious side effects including fatigue, swelling, cough etc. Recently, many blood pressure drugs have been implicated as cancer causing.
- Pharma does not address the cause. If cause is not identified and reversed, true health cannot happen.
Let me give you 5 simple steps to lower your blood pressure naturally. I will also give you some supplement recommendations to supplement my top 5 recommendations.
- Get sleep. People who sleep 8 hours are much less likely to develop high blood pressure than those who get six hours or less. Sleep is a time of recovery, mentally and physically. Our ancestors went to sleep with the sundown and awoke before the sunrise. Awake when it is dark exposes us to artificial light. The artificial light interferes with melatonin production. Low levels of the hormone melatonin are also linked to high blood pressure. Sleep in a cool, dark room and make sure all electronics are shut down. If you use your phone as an alarm or phone clock function, switch to airplane mode.
- Get sun. We awoke to the sunrise and spent the day in and out of the sun. We all know that the sun makes vitamin D and this vitamin lowers blood pressure. But the sun also increases nitric oxide, a vasodilator, that opens blood vessels and normalizes pressure. The sun makes blood vessels slick by creating an area between blood flow and the blood vessel wall. The bigger the area, the better the flow. This was discovered by Gerald Pollack PhD and is called the Exclusion Zone. What makes more exclusion zone? Sunshine. Build up your sunshine a little at time. Don’t go out and get burned. For long periods in the sun, use organic sunshine or hats and long sleeve clothing. Let the light from the sun get into your eyes, so ditch the sunglasses.
- Get relaxed (and get rid of stress). Relaxation techniques such as yoga, meditation and others are proven to lower blood pressure. Why? Because stress raises blood pressure. Some stress is normal. But chronic every day stress is a killer. The more stress, the higher the risk of hypertension. Stress keeps our cortisol high, a hormone linked to energy but also high blood pressure. Stress produces adrenaline in our body for the “Fight or Flight” response. Whether it’s job stress, financial stress or relationship stress, better do something about it quickly. The way we handle stress is dependent on vitamins and minerals. That is why a good quality multivitamin is essential. More on supplements later.
- Get away from chemicals. Air pollution is linked to high blood pressure in many studies. Chemicals in the indoor and outdoor interfere with body function. They cause blood vessels to constrict. They interfere with our hormones. They lead to inflammation. We need to keep our indoor air as clean as possible. Can’t do much about the outdoor air, but indoor we can. That is why we have air purifiers running in our house, proven to lower inflammation and lower blood pressure. See below for the air purifier we recommend. Finally, everything you bring into your house, is it natural or not. If it’s not, don’t bring it in the house. Laundry detergents, fabric softeners, dryer sheets, air fresheners, personal care products etc. Please see our page What We Use for products The Drs. Wolfson recommend.
- Eat organic and Paleo. The foods of our ancestors will heal us. Grains, sugars and synthetic processed foods lead to inflammation and high blood pressure. Focus on plenty of veggies, nuts/seed/avocado/coconut/olives, pasture-raised meats and wild seafood. Here is our Paleo Pyramid. Don’t forget the spices such as oregano, thyme, rosemary and turmeric with proven blood pressure lowering capabilities. Use plenty of garlic and onion, two sources of sulfur, which is essential to healthy blood flow and normal blood pressure. I love to drink Pellegrino water too, an excellent source of sulfur.
Supplements supplement the healthy lifestyle above. Here are some of my favorites.
- Organic beetroot powder- 1 heaping teaspoon of Heart Beet daily to water or a smoothie.
- Amino acids like arginine, citrulline and taurine. 1 teaspoon of Vessel Support daily to Heart Beet.
- Magnesium- 2 caps of Magne 5 daily.
- Potassium- 1 scoop of Potassium boost added to the above.
We made it very easy to get the above products in one simple step. Click here for the above plan.
We also suggest a quality multivitamin. Try our MULTI– loaded with everything you need, but none of what you don’t. 2 caps 2x per day.
We love the products from Austin Air. Easy to use and backed by 50 years of quality American-made products. Run on high during the day, low mode at night. Check out the Bedroom model.
Don’t risk it with pharmaceuticals. There in no coincidence the word harm hides inside there. Drugs do not go after the cause. Without fixing the cause, there will be no cure and you will suffer the consequences.
Try my strategies that have worked with thousands of people worldwide.
Should you need more assistance, let’s hop on a phone call and figure this out. 480-535-6844.