5 Tips to Improve Heart Health
Despite all the claims of Big Pharma and trendy “diet gurus,” good heart health boils down to these five basic things:
- Eat Responsible Paleo – Eat foods that are produced via organic farming, which restricts the use of pesticides, irradiation, solvents, or chemical food additives. Keep the chemicals out of your food. Seafood should be wild and limited to small fish and wild salmon. Animal products must come from pasture-raised, ethically treated cows, bison, lamb, and fowl. For optimum health, stay gluten-free and keep the other grains to a minimum.
- Get sunshine – The sun is the source of all life. Get as much as you can. Avoid the sunburn though. The sunlight must come in through your eyes as well so take off the sunglasses for a while. If you wear sunscreen, make sure it is an organic and ecofriendly product. What goes on the skin goes into the body.
- Get sleep- Ancestors went to sleep with the sundown and awoke with the sunrise. Eight hours is key. Sleep less and suffer the consequences. Start by getting all electronics out of your bedroom, including the cell phone and IPAD.
- Avoid Toxins – Toxins are chemicals or poisons known to have negative (harmful) effects on your body. They come from food or water, from the chemicals used to grow or prepare foods, and the air that we breathe. Think about EVERYTHING you bring into your house. Is this toxic or not? Start with natural laundry products, dispose of the air fresheners, and use organic skin and personal care products.
- Be active- Bike, hike, run, and build muscle. Hire a trainer if need be. Your body will thank you for it in the long run.
BONUS tip: See your chiropractor. In fact, when it comes to health, your chiropractor should always be your first choice.