Health is a priority for you. You made a commitment to your body. You signed up for the “program” and bought the supplements.
That part was easy. REMEMBERING to take the supplements…that is the hard part.
Try these 10 tips and tricks to remember to take your nutritional supplements. Works for The Drs. Wolfson and our patients. These 10 tips will work for you too.
- Keep your supplements on the kitchen counter. Most people spend a lot of time in the kitchen. We sure do. When your bottles are in sight, you are more likely to remember to take them. You can clean up when guests come over or leave them out for a conversation piece. I am sure your friends want to hear ALL about your health. Honestly, you would be doing them a big favor.
- Set a phone alarm. How did the world survive before phone alarms? This serves as a quick reminder to take your vitamins. Set the number of alarms daily to coincide with the number of times a day you take supplements.
- Use an online calendar. I use Google. Every day my calendar goes off at 1130 AM to remind me to take my lunch supplements and digestive enzymes with my meal.
- Buy multiple bottles. Keep some at home and keep some at work. The more they are around you, the more likely you are to take them. This is especially true of digestive enzymes.
- Store them in your purse, man-bag, or backpack. Wherever you bag goes, your vitamins go. Just make sure not to leave vitamins in a hot car. Also try to keep them away from electronics so a laptop bag is not the best place.
- Pack them with your lunch. While many people prefer to take their vitamins during breakfast, you can also take them with lunch. In my case, I put a NOTE in my bag to remind me to take my goodies.
- Keep them on your nightstand. This is perfect for thyroid supplements (like our Thyrokick), natural blood thinners (like our Flow) and others that are done on an empty stomach.
- Sticky note. The good- old sticky. Love this trick. Leave one on the fridge, on your dashboard, or on your coffee pot. Making coffee? Did you take your greens drink first? I start my day with the Triple Combo. You?
- Try a pill container. It worked for Grandpa and all his pharmaceuticals. It will work for you.
- Have someone remind you. Heather reminds me. I remind Heather. We remind our kids and the kids remind us. Often, I will text Heather when I am taking my supplements to remind her. Communication is key to any relationship.
- Do not expose your supplements to heat.
- Do not expose your supplements to light.
- Do not keep your stuff near electronics.