There has been a lot in the news recently about pharmaceutical drug recalls. Most affected have been the class of drugs known as ACE inhibitors and Angiotensin Receptor Blockers (ARB’s).
These drugs are most often used for hypertension, but also for people after a heart attack and those who suffer from congestive heart failure.
The most common side effect of this drug class is a cough. But recently, reports and FDA recalls have alerted the public to significant cancer risk with these drugs AND cancer-causing additives in the drug.
A recent study found a 14% higher risk of lung cancer in people who used ACE inhibitors for 5 years and 31% for those who used for 10 years!
Drugs are not just the drug. They are the drug PLUS the “inactive” ingredients.
Why Not Do It Naturally?
The following is a list of phytonutrients found in plants that perform the same function as the ACE inhibitor, but they do so naturally.
Remember, you are not deficient in pharmaceuticals. Your blood pressure can be from nutrient deficiencies and not enough of the following:
- Delphinidin (pomegranate, berries)
- Cyanidin (pomegranate, berries)
- Apigenin (parsley, celery, chamomile)
- Luteolin (thyme, oregano, and mint)
- Luteolin-7-O-glucopyranoside (dandelion)
- Kaempferol (veggies, ginkgo, moringa)
- Black cumin seed or oil
- Cacao- the seed that makes chocolate, when sugar is added.
- Green tea
- Capers/onions (quercetin)- love adding capers to my homemade organic salad dressing
- Nattokinase-eat organic Natto, a fermented soybean popular in the Japanese culture.
Many studies show that whey protein leads to ACE inhibition naturally. This is one of the many reasons we created our Daily Defense Shake Mix made with whey protein from New Zealand grass-fed cow’s milk.
Daily Defense contains the whey AND dozens of vitamins/minerals/phytonutrients to stay healthy in a 21st century world. Delicious chocolate and vanilla. Buy the shake mix TODAY are reap the benefits immediately.
Other Blood Pressure Remedies
Why not try some of these other supplements for blood pressure control?
- Heart Beet– 1 tsp 2x per day
- Vessel Support– 1 tsp 2x per day added to Heart Beet
- Potassium Boost– 1 tsp 2x per day added to above
- Magne 5– 2 caps 2x per day.